Friday, November 19, 2010

Dragon Droppings: A Photo Essay



Sport recently became fascinated with an origami kit Grandpa D gave him for Christmas this year.    
Now there is no flyer, brochure, homework assignment or slip of currency safe from his deft and relentless fingers.  Imagine, if you will, that he created a giant origami dragon, and it’s now roaming the house at night, eating paper and pooping little folded treasures.
Sport names these little folded treasures.  This one is Bert.  Bert doesn’t just have eyes, but also a mouth complete with teeth, tongue and a uvula dangling beneath the nose. 


Let me digress for just a moment to say that in moving to Washington, we purged our lives of all knick knacks, trinkets, Happy Meal toys, hazardous waste (don’t ask) and general pocket debris.  Of course, by ‘we’ I mean ‘me’ as in ‘I got bossy and told them how it was going down.’  Either way, the boy is in direct conflict with my Zen.
He’s very possessive of all his paper creations and swears to have a personal connection with each one.  Unfortunately he says that of all knick knacks, trinkets, Happy Meal toys, hazardous waste, pocket debris and dragon droppings which litterally litter his room. 

Today we’re going to excavate said room and try to instill some order.  Sport is very skeptical.  

If I don’t come out alive, the origami dragon got me.  You may find my remains in the handful of Berts guarding Sport’s nightstand.

P.S.  These are the paper dragons that roam my house at night.

No comments: