Thursday, September 06, 2007

A Name Change and Google Searches

I have decided to change the name of my blog to “Poo Memos, Venomous Spiders, and eBay” because those are the favorite post topics thus far as determined by the comments of you, my dear beloved readers! And can I just say that you really are dear and beloved! If I went on a quest for the best support group EVER, I don’t think I could find such amazing, compassionate, and wise women in one zip code. Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments to the difficult post about my separation. And this week I’m feeling like your positive energy alone will carry me over the ugly. Bless you!

Now on to a lighter topic. I finally have the means to see what’s driving those Googlers to my blog. Here are some searches that bring people to Up in the Night:

“pink pee death”: Well, for a moment there I was worried. But luckily, our pink pee was caused by a Crayola fetish.

“scratch and dent surplus”: This one’s popular. In fact, I think I get one visitor per day on this search alone. Unfortunately, this is all they find when they get here…

“Shauna by nite”: So I tried this search myself and apparently there’s a playmate named Shauna Sands who “now walks the streets.” Sorry fellas, there’s no playmate here…

“Pictures of fat Shauna”: Now that’s just mean.

“girl cracks”: Okay, so I’m the horrible mommy blogger who actually wrote a post
about my daughter’s crack. But writing about it and searching for it are too
completely different things, you sickos!

“beautiful buttocks womanhood”: Now I wrote a post about my daughter’s crack, but no beautiful buttocks womanhood were mentioned in the making of that or any other post (Unless you’re looking for my buttocks. In that case, thank you. Thank you very much!)

“kid vomit blog”: Now that’s another possible title for my blog. Because I have talked about vomit here and here and here. But when you compare that to another significant bodily function, it would be more fitting to change my name to Kid Potty Blog because I talk about that here and here and here and here and here.

“Outsource household chores”: Bring it on, baby. We’re all about that over here…

“Six-year old has nasty attitude”: And sadly, we’re all about that over here too…

Phew. That’s enough for tonight, ladies. But really, thanks to all of you for being so amazingly supportive. You’re the best peeps a girl every had!

13 comments:

Sara @ Life With the Two said...

I just found you from Beth, and I have to say, I shall be coming back. Even if you do talk about poo, vomit, and four year old plumber booty!

Rachel said...

This totally cracked me up since it made me think of the searches that led people to my blog.

including but not limited to:
crying child---no mystery there
grumpy neighbor---and I am, too
fix fat lazy stupid---no comment;)
Robert smith the Cure---I am a bad mom who compared her child to a wild musician

The list could go on and on but I suddenly remembered that this is your blog and it is 1:00a.m. here (see? I have an extra hour to blog) and all of us crazy night bloggers should be sleeping!

Crazed Nitwit said...

Where do you get this data from? Gosh, I bet George Clooney could learn, if he chose to, that I lust after his body! Hell yeah. Fantasy men are so much more fun than real men.

Thinking of you Shauna. Hugs and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it crazy/scary/horrifying how some people find your blog!? These are really funny!!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

Maude Lynn said...

So far, my best Google hit has been "bare naked coochie." It's a sick, sick world, my friend!

Suburban Correspondent said...

Ha! I love checking out the google searches that lead to my blog also. I always feel sorry for the people who type in "stomach virus child" and end up with my drivelings. Is that a word? I don't know. Also, someone who obviously had a leaky basement searched for "puddle water floor" and got to read all about my erstwhile 3-year-old's potty training adventures.

And I'd like all of you mothers out there to know that I have typed this comment with a 2-year-old standing on my lap. I am very talented.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had access to that data so I could see how many poor folk were just minivan shopping and ended up on my silly little sight!

Glad you're hanging in there. We are SO here for you!

Rachel said...

Cool blog.. I just found you on Google... I typed in "hobo spider phobia." THat post is still with m e everytime I go down stairs!!
Hope all is well!

shauna said...

Likastar, too funny. Lots of folks have come here via the hobo spider search... How disappointing they must feel.

And for those of you interested in finding out this search stuff, I get the info from my sitemeter. You can see where people are coming from (and how many people land on your site per day). It's free! (Click on the sitemeter icon at the bottom of my right hand margin if you're interested).

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

I get the "Shauna Sands" searches too! Glad I'm not the only one.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember how I found your blog but I am so glad I did. I would read your Blog no matter what you wrote about including pink crayola pee, butt cracks, hobo spiders, and other amazing life truths, as seem through the eyes of a very talented, funny, creative and caring woman! I will check out that meter thingy, did not know about it, sounds pretty cool. Have a good weekend.

Bananas said...

Oh I LOVE your new name! ;)

GustoBones said...

Well, at least you know how people are getting to your blog. I found you from my sista, but not sure how she found you. I am glad I did though. I love reading your blog, it makes me feel a little more normal in this crazy world of motherhood!