Friday, July 13, 2007

Panic Attack


Not only is my 6-year old loving and defiant, but he has a loose tooth, and at swimming lessons today he jumped from the diving board into the deep end of the pool without hesitation. These last couple weeks I feel like I’m riding in a flimsy go-cart with no brakes down a steep hill. My son is growing up too fast! I’m dizzy with it all. You’ve seen those Nationwide commercials: life comes at you fast. I’m afraid that come tomorrow morning my son will emerge from his bedroom full-grown, complete with body odor and chest hair.


Somebody tell me, how do I make it stop????

7 comments:

Slackermommy said...

I wish I could. My son is 5 1/2 and was the baby for 4 years until our fourth came along. I still think of him as being younger than he is. He lost his first tooth the other day and at first I freaked out because I thought he knocked it out. Then I realized he IS old enough to lose a tooth.

Mama Zen said...

Hey, if you find out how to make it stop, please tell me!

Gustogirl said...

I feel you! Time goes much too quickly. My 6 year old won't hold my hand most of the time(ya I know 2 years olds go through this too) but this is for good. She is separately herself from me in distinct ways. It hurts, but I know it is part of her growing process.

My Minivan Is Faster Than Yours said...

I so feel you on this! My kids' birthdays are coming up (3 and 2) and I just feel like the baby stage has passed us by so quickly. I wouldn't go back for anything, but still, I'm SAD!

Karen said...

If you find a way, let me know. I just became the mother of a teen.

A teen who headed off for 5 days of church camp and informed us she didn't need a calling card b/c she wasn't planning on calling home. :(

Erin said...

Just count on the fact that I will be calling you in two years to beg for your wisdom! Good luck!

pinks & blues girls said...

Well, offering him some cigarettes may stunt his growth, but on the flip side, that will only make him seem more grown up. :) (Totally kidding... smoking is nasty.)

I know, they just don't stop growing, do they!?

Jane, P&B Girls