Wednesday, February 27, 2008

An Introspective Meme

The Prairie Preacher has tagged me with this interesting meme. My Own Woman created it and these are her instructions:

1. List ONE desire that you have if you could live in a perfect world.

2. Then send a link to ONE person who will then copy your desire and add ONE desire of his own that he/she would want in his/her perfect world.

3. He/She will then link ONE person who will add his/her perfect world item.....and on and on. Make sure you leave the name of the person you linked to everyone can see who you linked and what the perfect world will contain."

Because this meme hasn’t gone too far yet, I thought I’d include all participants’ descriptions of their perfect world.

"In My Own Woman's perfect world people of all sexes, creeds, race, and sexual orientation would live in perfect harmony with each other. Hate crimes against such people would be a note in a history book so as not to be repeated. "

We love Shawn, the Prairie Preacher, and here’s what he added:

“In The Prairie Preacher's perfect world, I would definitely and absolutely affirm what My Own Woman has offered ... but I would add as my one desire that instead of easily speaking words like respect, care, faith, love and so on, EVERYONE would live out those words through their actions ... if we claim to be a person of faith, our lives will reflect that faith in ALL things ... or if we join a service club with a code of ethics or a value statement we don't just speak the words and ignore them, but we LIVE them with every action, and every breathe ... My desire in a perfect world would be to see ALL PEOPLE live the words they speak and no longer be so hypocritical."

Those really are perfect. And I would add:

In Up in the Night’s perfect world all people would look out for one another, performing small and large acts of service in efforts to make one another’s loads just a little lighter.

Now I tag Carrie at Fully-Caffeinated to discover what her perfect world entails.

******
By the way, I wanted to promote Gusogirls' Easter Swap! Sounds like it's going to be lots of fun, so join in!

4 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Wow, thanks! I think this IS the perfect world. We have unlimited opportunity for wholeness and healing, nothing stopping us but our minds. We can overcome, one mind at a time. What's not perfect about that?

And, in a word? The perfect world is love. Period.

Janice {Run Far} said...

That is a cool and fun meme... Love it

GustoBones said...

Thanks for the plug and I second your perfect world!! With service comes love and we all need more of that(both given and received)

Reverend Shawn said...

Carrie ... can you put a post on your BLOG to continue the chain ????

PLLLLLEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE !!!!!