Monday, November 26, 2007

Dating-Service Guy

Okay, so I’m sitting here in the library, waiting for a desk with an internet hookup and there’s this guy browsing some electronic dating service. Can I just say, ew? Now I don’t mean to be nosey (okay, so I do) but he must have set his search specifications to “busty” because he’s enlarging all these pictures of very buxom woman with come-hither looks (it’s certainly no eHarmony). And he’s sat himself right in the middle of one long desk with two internet hookups. Now I come to the library to freelance – if I stay home where my ex mother-in-law is watching my children I don’t get anything done. So I come here to focus for 4 quiet hours a day and work at a desk with a free internet connection. I know, it’s a public place where everyone’s welcome to use these services, but, pah-lease! Try to get lucky somewhere else, mister.

Sheesh. That was a grumpy post. It's now one hour following this aforementioned "encounter" with Dating-Service Guy, and I've gotten my own desk with my own internet connection. I'm feeling much better now.

12 comments:

Annie said...

I saw that title and I thought you were going to post that you were dating a service guy! lol!

shauna said...

Oh no. Maybe I need to change the title.

erin said...

YUCK!!! Even though I would qualify as a busty girl, I would probably have a come-hither-and-do-my-dishes-and-laundry-and-stay-outta-my-way look. Know anyone who'd be interested in that?

GustoBones said...

Men are by and large "dirty" creatures, which is why I think girls who post sultry pictures of themselves on the net must be stupid!
Disclaimer: Not all men are bad, just mostly horny! Hahaha, I'm cracking myself up.

Anonymous said...

Yucky is right! Wouldn't want to get to close to that guy!! Right there in the middle of the library huh, in search of his true love, with very large breasts of course...Too funny!! I am glad that you finally got some work done!
XOXO

Reverend Shawn said...

I don't know if I dare say anything ... BUT ... don't be to hard on the poor anonymous surfer ... he clearly has issues ...

For the record though - not all men are "dirty" creatures ...

I don't think I qualify as one ...

GustoBones said...

Shawn, I was joking around. I basically meant that men are wired very differently from women. I am married to one, and I am with Erin, most of the time I just want my dishes and laundry done, nothing more. My husband has other things on his mind!:)

shauna said...

Shawn, we all know that you're not like that. And as I wrote this post I realized my grumpy response was somewhat personal and a little bitter. When I left the library some four hours later he was still searching and I have to admit I felt bad for him.

Gustogirl, you totally crack me. I laughed when I read your comment. And when you said "dirty" you did use quotation marks, so I understood it was all tongue in cheek.

Erin, I'm sure Jason appreciates that come-hither look! (And because he's my brother I know he loves his wife so much that he does do the dishes and laundry for her on occasion--Mom, you raised him well!)

Casdok said...

The title is great!

Rachel said...

haha... You have to at least admire his chutzpah a bit.. Who has that kind of nerve?? HAHA.

Maude Lynn said...

He was still searching four hours later? Poor guy!

shauna said...

Update: the poor guy is here again today, only this time he's positioned himself so his back is to the wall and no one can snoop (i.e. me). Maybe I'm the pathetic one in this story...